Hi all,

i have a perfect working Bering System wich gets started from a Floppy Disk.

I transfered the System to a small IDE HD wich is only used for booting the
System (to get more space for future Packets and speed up the booting
process).
So after the Startup Procedure the HD will not used anymore. Now I´m
searching for something like "hdparm" to switch the HD into Standby/Power Off  -
mode and save something of the Disk´s lifetime.

Does anybody know a a Packet where such an tool is included ?

Thanks a lot,
Dietmar