On Monday 24 February 2003 11:23 am, K.-P. Kirchdörfer wrote:
<snip>
> e) tunnels
> add the tunnels for net-net and gate-gate
> ipsec                   net     0.0.0.0/0       vpn,vgw
<snip>
> Is this setup esp. shorewall changes secure or did I opened pandoras box?

Thanks for the thorough description!
The tunnel description with 0.0.0.0/0 would really be the only security
consideration is see. Although this _is_ the suggested method and still
forces authentication (RSA in your case), IIRC Shorewall will support
a DNS name in leui of ip address. Tom does not suggest using DNS names,
but it may be safer IMHO if you feel it is necessary. Otherwise what you have
is the typical suggestion and will work as you have noted.
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall developer