KP and Brock, I too have been looking at this, now my suggestion is to look
firstly at a ping check of a single packet to the dynamic dns name of the
far end, if it is different to what you either thought it was last time, or
different to what ipsec eroute thinks the far end is, tear it down and
rebuild.

This may require long retries at both ends, unless you time synchronise both
ends, (easy) and crontab the jobs to do all this. Only thing holding me back
from this is time and a near complete lack of shell scripting knowledge and
experience.

How does this sound?

Matt