Hi,

Here is my situation:
I have a Linksys BEFCMU10 Cable modem and a firewall running Dachstein CD
protecting my internal network (192.168.1.0). The cable modem has a status
page that can be accessed through a web browser at 192.168.100.1. I would
like to be able to access this page from the internal network. When a
computer is directly connected to the cable modem, it is able to able to
access the page and ping 192.168.100.1 with no problem. I am unable to ping
192.168.100.1 from the Dachstein machine. I assume this is because of the
routing on the Dachstein machine. I tried adding a route with the following
command:

route add -host 192.168.100.1 eth0

(eth0 is the external interface).
I am still unable to ping or access the page. Is there anything else I need
to do?

Thanks,
Matthew