On Wednesday 04 June 2003 06:48 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> After I installed bering1.2 on /dev/hda1 of an disk-on-chip IDE, I whant to
> release the ram used by the root device in /dev/ram0.
> I copied the hole root into /dev/hda2 and made a new initrd2.lrp where I
> added pertinent fs and included some code in linuxrc to mount the new root.
> Then I added an option in syslinux.cfg where root=/dev/hda2 ant
> intird=initrd2.lrp.

You do realize what you are doing is un-embedding an embedded OS and
you'll have to change several things (including mounts like /) in
initrd and likely in some of the boot scripts (like mountfs).

swapon is not compiled into busybox because we normally don't use
a swap partition.... so you'll likely have to recompile BB or
use the Slink utility to do so.

Other people have done this, so you may find some help in the
leaf-user/leaf-devel archives for duplication, but this is not
a "normal" setup for LEAF.
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall Developer