On Wed, 28 May 2003, glenn greenfield wrote:

[...]

> My router is AT form factor and I have no keyboard for it.  Not a
> problem as I just boot the Bering disk on another system(of course I
> can't ssh in until I get Bering working).  Is it possible to mount and
> edit the floppy directly on my Debian box or is booting it the only
> way to edit it?  Thanks again.

a) Pick a workstation... most any workstation... reboot with floppy...
edit configuration files... backup.... remove floppy... reboot to normal
working environment.  This is probably the easiest way to edit initrd.lrp
if you don't have a keyboard/monitor for your SBC... it is a compressed
minix image, unlike the rest of the .lrp files.

b) Mount floppy (msdos)... make working directory on your hd... "tar xzvf
modules.lrp" (for example)... edit files... return to working
directory... "tar c * | gzip -9 >../modules.lrp" ... copy ../modules.lrp
back to floppy... unmount floppy.  The "-9" compression level used to be
required... I don't know if it still is.

See /usr/sbin/lrcfg.back.script and /usr/sbin/lrcfg.back.initrd to see how
Bering does it.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing