Hi everyone, Lynn

I had a bit of a play with uDHCPD last night and it appears that it
works fine in most instances.  The one I find where it doesn't work is
renew/refresh after the router has been rebooted while the workstation
is up.  And unfortunately that is the thing I tried to do when fiddling
with my set up.  Ie make a change, reboot router, attempt refresh to
test uDHCPD.  This may seem an odd way of doing business to you but
until you told me svi udhcpd restart the other day, that is what I have
been doing!  Fortunately, this behaviour doesn't hurt the system because
if the workstation has stayed up, then it retains its IP info (ie
refresh not required).  So all is pretty much ok I think.

However, I have noticed that when booting the router Shorewall tries to
run once immediately after uDHCPC initiates, but fails because the
system hasn't set up eth1 and eth2 yet, then it runs again successfully
immediately after uDHCPD initiates.  Is that expected behaviour?

Also, the router crashes quite frequently.  The machine itself is still
up and I can log in, but Shorewall seems to be down which blocks all the
interfaces.  Eth0 and eth1 are unreachable.  When I try to restart
Shorewall it gets as far as saying that's it doing something with
/etc/shorewall/params then freezes.  Cntrl-c gets me back to the prompt.
The same thing happens with Shorewall stop, refresh etc.  I think I have
a problem with my logs filling up (I use ulogd.lrp and logging level of
ULOG).  Could that have this effect?  Rebooting the router fixes
everything!!

Phew.  Glad that's all down!

Thanks guys.