On Thursday 12 June 2003 02:45 pm, Jørn Eriksen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Would there be anyone that uses Leaf as a dial-in unit that have created a
> special log script?  What I'm after is something that can tell me when a
> user login into PPTP and exited....
>
> The easy part is the grep the log and get when they logged in - however -
> it's a bit more tricky to get when they logged out..  Hopfully someone has
> allready invented this "wheel" :-)

There has been an application or two posted in the past that does the type
of logging you want. Likely the easiest way to do this otherwise is to add
a script to the ifup/ifdown PPP scripts that 'echo' the desired information
to a log file of your choice.
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall Developer