Hi,

It's fixed!!

It worked all along but there is a bug in the LRP package script that
means the file /etc/ppp/pptpd-options didn't appear in the Bering
maintenance menu. This wouldn't make any difference for experienced
Linux users, but for people like myself... oh well... ;)

So now I have

auth
require-chapms-v2
+chap (should this be +chapms-v2?)
mppe-128
ms-dns MyDNS
ms-wins MyWINS
nodefaultroute
proxyarp
lock

in that file and I can dial in from my XP client. Is this correct and
secure?

Now I'm going to attempt to write a small VB/Kix app to set up the
connection on time and do the dialing and route building.

Thanks,

James.

/etc/init.d/pptpd