Hi all,

  I want to stablish a net to net VPN using Bering as a gateway. On both ends
will have windows machines :(

  They want to see both nets as a whole, with all computers (remember windows)
showing in the explorer, so they can access a shared hard disk from both
sites.

  I want to do this the easiest and cheapest way. Options considering:

  1) If possible use only one "PC" on each end. I dont know if they have a WNT
or W200 server that could act as a WINS server, but adding a linux (or a
couple of) just for WINS is not desirable unless there is no other way
(higher price and complexity).

  2) How bad isfor security adding WINS (samba) in the gateway?

  3) Even better, is really necesary to have a WINS service? I know that for
IP services (http, ftp) there is no need for it, but the user just want to
see the whole as if there was no "separation in the middle :)"

  4) What option is better, PPTP or FreeSWAN? Remember, both in the
gateway/firewall. Do I need WINS if I use PPTP?

  I know this are very basic questions, is there any good online documentation
about this topics?

  Very thankful in advance. Regards.

--
Jaime Nebrera - [EMAIL PROTECTED]