I have network neighborhood browsing working across subnets, through a VPN
tunnel. It required two SAMBA pdcs, one on each subnet. Cross subnet browsing,
as has been stated before, requires a pdc on each subnet with wins  support
turned on, and remote browse sync set up. Once I had two SAMBA servers, it
was relatively painless.

begin quoting S Mohan :
> Windows network neighbourhood browsing is based on Netbios. It works
> fine on a homogenous Windows LAN and Samba. I could not get it working
> across LANs bridged using TCP/IP. I once (in 1999) had a TCP/IP RAS box
> for inbound dial up connectivity to a LAN. Browsing did not work.
> However, using the dial in facility to a modem on the NT server running
> NT RAS services gave this facility. No change on client or server side.
>
> I doubt if you can achieve what you want over IPSEC links. Will stand
> corrected if any one else had been able to get it working.
>
> Mohan

Neil Schneider                              pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net
                                           http://www.paccomp.com
Key fingerprint = 67F0 E493 FCC0 0A8C 769B  8209 32D7 1DB1 8460 C47D

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
                -- Saint Jerome