-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Julian Church
Sent: 18 July 2003 11:55
To: Leaf-User List
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Problem installing Via Network card

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:33:04 +0100, Simon Chalk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Julian,
>
> I tried your suggested driver but it failed when using insmod with the
> following error
>
> unresolved symbol request_region
>
> Funnily enough if I try the pci-scan and via-rhine combination it
> installs
> without errors using insmod, but I don't see the the ethernet interface
> appear when I view using ip addr. So maybe the via-rhine is the correct
> driver, but there is smoe further setting required.

You're right.  Getting the driver installed is only part of the process.
Bringing up the interface comes after that, and it's all taken care of by
Bering.

Now you've established what drivers you need, it should be fairly trivial
to follow the Bering setup guide, which will take care of the rest.

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/binstall.html

cheers

Julian

www.ljchurch.co.uk