Mike Koceja wrote:
Charles,

Thank-you for your help in this matter. I downloaded
the kernel you suggested and replaced my existing one
with it. I still am unable to connect to my work lan
using an ipsec vpn client. Do I need to add the
address I am connecting to as a "trusted" site
somewhere?

Have you allowed IPSec traffic to pass through your firewall rules?

For an IPSec VPN, you need to allow UDP port 500 traffic for keying, as well as protocol 50 (ESA) and/or 51 (AH) for the actual encrypted data.

On Dachstein, you can do this with the following settings in /etc/network.conf:

EXTERN_UDP_PORTS="0/0_500"
EXTERN_PORTS="50_0/0 51_0/0"

If you know the IP address of the other end of your VPN link, and it's static, you can replace the 0/0 in the rules above with the IP of your corperate VPN server.

If you continue to have problems, please post details about your configuration (see the SR FAQ, link at the bottom of every leaf-user message). I'm simply providing the most "typical" answer for what could be causing your problem based on the default configuration of Dachstein, and am making the general assumption that you haven't screwed up something else in your setup.

At the very least, provide a dump of your running firewall rules (net ipfilter list), the currently loaded modules (lsmod), and details about which VPN client you're trying to use along with any special configuration you might have to do to get it to work (no passwords or secret information necessary, but it's important for us to know if you're running with non-standard ports, actually using IPSec and not something else, etc., if we're going to be able to help you).

--
Charles Steinkuehler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email sponsored by: Free pre-built ASP.NET sites including Data Reports, E-commerce, Portals, and Forums are available now. Download today and enter to win an XBOX or Visual Studio .NET. http://aspnet.click-url.com/go/psa00100003ave/direct;at.aspnet_072303_01/01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ leaf-user mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/leaf-user SR FAQ: http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html