Maybe this app requires more than one port like H323. Port forwarding might
then solve the problem.

Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ray Olszewski
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 5:22 AM
To: leaf
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] NAT Trouble

At 03:29 PM 8/2/2003 -0700, Mike Koceja wrote:
>I have another problem. My son is trying to access an
>online gaming site and is running into a brick wall.
>The site requires UDP port 2213 which I opened up with
>no trouble. Whoever when he connects he gets the
>following error message...
>

>     Your internet address changed! It was
>     4.47.177.158:62146, but now it appears to be
>     4.47.177.158:62156. This is a problem usually
>     caused by a bad or improperly configured NAT
>     setup.
>

>What do I need to do to correct this problem?

Is this really an error message and not just an informational one? That is
to say, does the game then fail to operate properly? If the game goes on to
work, my own inclination would be to ignore the site's whining.

But assuming it is really an error message, what instruction does the site
(or its companion URL) provide about how to configure access through a
NAT'ing router?

The message by itself is simply too lean in content to figure out what they
want from you. I'd **guess** that the game client at your end runs using a
particular port, not just any available port. If so, you **may** need to
port-forward that port through the LEAF router rather than simply use the
standard NAT'ing code to handle it (since that code will not use the same
external support every time you access the site).

Really, your best bet is to look more closely at the game site. These guys
want their systems to work through NAT, so they usually provide good
instructions about what you need to do to make it work. Once we know what
they want, translating it into LEAF terms will probablty not be hard, and
surely we can help with that part if you need it.

BTW, I'm assuming here that 4.47.177.158 is your external IP address. If
not ... if, say, your ISP does some further NAT'ing upstream of you ...
then fixing this may be more of a challenge.