This is a bit windy but I have attached the
documentation from the site in question.
Kali uses peer-to-peer instead of client-server
technology.  There are many reasons for this setup
including efficiency, performance, and LAN emulation
requirements.

In any case, peer-to-peers means that your PC directly
communicates with every other PC connected to your
game lobby or chat server instead of only
communicating directly with the Kali Servers.

In a normal (non-NAT setup) Kali will send and receive
all data on a single "port".  A "port" is a simple way
TCP/IP uses to allow different applications to use the
same connection without getting data mixed up.  Kali,
by default, uses UDP port 2213.  That means that
anything sent to your PC and labeled with port 2213
will be sent to the Kali application.  This allows any
user on Kali to send data to your PC by referring to
your Internet IP# and the Kali port number.

With NAT, your PC must share that ip# with other PCs
on the LAN.  If two PCs on the LAN both tried to use
the same port, communications would get totally mixed
up. Data that was supposed to go to one PC would go to
both PCs and it would be impossible to communicate
properly.  NAT systems "solve" this problem by
translating the port numbers so that the rest of the
internet sees each PC on a different port.  Usually
this solution works, but sometimes the NAT system
behaves poorly and causes trouble.

One common example of bad NAT behavior is only
allowing one "connection" at a time on a port. UDP is
supposed to be connectionless.  You should be able
send and receive packets from one port to any number
of other PCs, but these poorly designed NAT systems
make the assumption that like TCP, UDP must be only
allowed to communicate with one other PC on any given
port.  This is simply wrong and what happens in Kali
depends on how the router handles this.  Some routers
will create new NAT ports for each PC you communicate
with which cause all sorts of strange behavior in
Kali. Other NAT systems simply block the other clients
and causes Kali to have trouble communicating.

What can you do?

If Kali works on one PC, but fails when more than one
PC uses Kali at the same time, the fix may be simple.
No matter what the problem, it's always a good idea to
set each PC to use a different port in Kali and avoid
conflicts on the NAT system. By doing this you can
prevent most of the NAT related problems since the
port contention no longer becomes a factor.

To change the port, run Kali, go to the File menu,
select Settings, click the Advanced tab and enter a
value next to "Local Port".  Each PC on the LAN should
have a different port in Kali.  Just use numbers like
2213, 2214, 2215, etc.

Another common setting that can usually help involves
enabling the "Special NAT Processing" in Kali.  You
can do this under the "Proxy" settings (File menu,
Settings, Proxy).  In some cases you may need to
manually enter the local ip# of the other PCs on the
LAN, but usually this isn't necessary.

After doing both of the above, if you still have
trouble, check to see if your router allows "static"
port mappings or "pin holes".  If so, for each PC, add
it's local ip# and the port you setup in Kali for that
machine.  Each PC needs to have it's own "pin hole" or
"static" mapping with a unique IP# and port.  Be sure
to setup these entries with "UDP" ports and not "TCP"
(selecting both is ok, as long as UDP is selected).

Does this help?

http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html