Okay, this might be a total newb question, but I've been looking around for a tip and
can't seem to find it.

I've got a Bering V1.2 uClibc-0.9.15 box up and running, pretty much as a defualt
firewall.  Connectivity is good, now I'm just trying to make sure it's actually
WORKING as a firewall, which is a different post altogether.  My question concerns
dnscache and the "correct" way to resolve nameservers on the internal network.

I'm running dnscache to refer to my ISP's pri/sec upstream nameservers with
FORWARDONLY set, of course.  I'm not running BIND or tinyDNS on the local net, as I
simply haven't figured out how yet.  ANYway...those 2 nameservers I've put into the
dnscache config (via the lrcfg menu) show up in etc/resolv.conf file - along with
another address in the same range, which I'm assuming for the moment is all right.  My
question is this: if the file /etc/dnscache/env/DNS1 contains the identities of the
nameservers that I entered, what the heck are all the address in DNS0 doing?  this
file reads:

*****************
# cat /etc/dnscache/env/DNS0 |more
198.41.0.4
128.9.0.107
192.33.4.12
128.8.10.90
192.203.230.10
192.5.5.241
192.112.36.4
128.63.2.53
192.36.148.17
198.41.0.10
193.0.14.129
198.32.64.12
202.12.27.33

...I can genuinely say I haven't put ANY of those in there.  Can anyone suggest what's
going on?  If I've failed to provide enough info for this particular question, please
berate me.  Thanks for your help.

-joe
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers