Hello All,

Has anyone had any experience on using Bering with Alcatel USB modem. I
have a low powered (133Mhz 486) SBC ( www.soekris.com
<http://www.soekris.com/>  4501) with a PCI Belkin USB PCI adapter to
provide USB support. Works and connects fine - and I can browse -
download speeds are as expected with downloading and the ADSL provided.

The problem occurs when I try to upload files (i.e. sending an email
small ones OK large ones a problem). If I send a 500K file via email it
just gets stuck very early on with no traffic going through the
firewall. It would appear as though data is just getting lost.

I have searched on known issues like this - and have come across various
issues - like J Nilos package for the speedtouch is 1.2 Beta and there
is a couple of recorded issues with it? Comments regarding low
powerboard with speedtouch suggested lowering the mtu which I did all
the way down to 576 which improved things a little but still problems.

Help

Nick