I'm wondering if there's a more direct path to upgrade from Bering-uClibc b3 --> b4
than to simply start from a fresh floppy and re-set all router parameters.  I've read
that in some cases it's possible to simply overwrite the kernel (and, of course,
include any relevant changes in packages and/or config files).

I have b3 working like a charm, but I'd like to upgrade to b4 to gain the advantage of
using dhcpcd, which some say is more stable and standard than pump.  Of course, if I
don't need to upgrade to get this benefit, then that's fine too; but I figure I'll
have to learn sometime.

Is there some specific upgrade method that works that I've missed?  I'm obviously a
bit of an amateur when it comes to Bering, so I'd appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks.

Regards,
joe
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup