> I'm wondering if there's a more direct path to upgrade from Bering-uClibc b3 --> b4
> than to simply start from a fresh floppy and re-set all router parameters.  I've
> read that in some cases it's possible to simply overwrite the kernel (and, of
> course, include any relevant changes in packages and/or config files).
>
> I have b3 working like a charm, but I'd like to upgrade to b4 to gain the advantage
> of using dhcpcd, which some say is more stable and standard than pump.  Of course,
> if I don't need to upgrade to get this benefit, then that's fine too; but I figure
> I'll have to learn sometime.
>
> Is there some specific upgrade method that works that I've missed?  I'm obviously a
> bit of an amateur when it comes to Bering, so I'd appreciate any help you can offer.
> Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> joe
> --
Joe,

You can upgrade from b3 to b4 by replacing the following packages:
-If you use dropbear, replace the dropbear/dbearkey packages with the
ones from b4
-If you use pppd and pppoe, you can also update those packages.
-For the pump to dhcpcd change you have to remove the pump package,
copy the dhcpcd package to your bootimage and change pump to dhcpcd
in lrpkg.cfg
-Copy weblet from b4 to your image

This will not completely update your image to b4, but the most things
are updated this way.

-Eric