Hi all,

I'm running a bering firewall in my production environment and have a couple
of questions about the accounting side of things with shorewall and firewall
load.

How often are the counters reset, is it only on a shorewall restart (firewall
reboot etc)?

If I wanted to track traffic from a specific internal IP I gather I just add
it to the source/destination as below?

ACTION CHAIN SOURCE          DESTINATION      PROTO DEST PORT SRC PORT
www1:COUNT - eth0             eth1:10.0.100.36 tcp 80
www1:COUNT - eth1:10.0.100.36 eth0             tcp - 80
DONE www1

How can I track how hard the firewall is working?
When I say how hard, as in packet throughput, cpu load etc.
What do I check for to know if I need to upgrade the CPU, or go to 1000/100
NIC's etc

Cheers
Adam