On Friday 24 October 2003 05:50 pm, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2003-10-24 15:59:08, schrieb Julian Church:
> >The simplest way is probably to use two floppies.  Instructions on that
> >(and a few other ways) here:
>
> I have only one 3,5" Slot... in a 19" Rack...

Or superformat the floppy 1.72M. Or use CF card/IDE drive of whatever flavor.
Or use nics that use the same module. We can't do much about the size of
the modules your particular setup uses, that is completely beyond our control.

> >Try loading the PCI scan (pci-scan.o) module first - some of those modules
> >may depend on it.
>
> The 3Com modules do not need this.

Bering comes with the kernel modules (stock) and the like-named D.Becker tree
which _does_ depend on pci-scan.o. The particular dependancies are based from
what exact directory in the modules tarball you are using. IIRC, you are using
atleast one 3c905 pci card which has always had problems with the Linux
drivers. The tulip and rtl8139 modules/cards are _much_ better in my
experience and around $10US here. I know that all of your NICS have been
run successfully with every version of Bering, so I would really doubt the
problem lies within the image/tarball available.

--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall Developer