On Nov 3, 2003, at 9:37 AM, Ray Olszewski wrote:

At 07:59 AM 11/3/2003 +0100, Pisinho wrote:

Your software solution is Dynamic Address Translation. A Dynamic NAT.

It's possible to reply this solution?

Reading over the site leaves me wondering about a couple of loose ends. For example, given the widespread use of 192.168.1.0/24 with NAT'd LANs, this system would have to have a way to deal with two simultaneous clients that had the same IP address. MAC address can distinguish them, of course, but that's one more tricky thing to be handled in the "DAT" mapping.

So, to summarize: What you want can be done. I still know of no Linux software that will do it, either on LEAF or on a full-size Linux distro. It it hard enough that I doubt anyone will take it on as a hobby. Vague patent claims by Nomadix make it even more doubtful that someone will develop a Linux version without a revenue stream sufficient to support attorney's fees.

There was some discussion about this on the NoCat list awhile back. Here's a link to the relevant archive page:
http://lists.nocat.net/pipermail/nocat/2002-December/002650.html

From looking at the messages, there were some suggestions for how this *might* be doable. It may be worth looking at.

Arif