> --- Joey Officer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is in reference to the mrtg program file, the
> > line references line
> > 1485.  There may be a syntax error.

 no, it's not the mrtg program. because it works just
 fine if the target is other router.

> > another way to get what you want as a test is to
> > perform an snmpget on your
> > selected target.

 yes i've done it already by giving

 snmpget -c public -v 1 routerfti9.psi.uajy \
 system.sysName.0

 the result was

 system.sysName.0 = firewall

 what else should i check?

 regards,
 gregor

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/petedd/mrtg/Mrtg_logging_for_Dachstein.htm

> > but i just can't get it work.
> >
> > here's the error message:
> >
> > SNMP Error:
> > Received SNMP response with error code
> >   error status: noSuchName
> >   index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.2)
> > SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "routerfti9.psi.uajy"
> > [192.168.5.11].161)
> >                   community: "public"
> >                  request ID: 2142650427
> >                 PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
> >                     timeout: 2s
> >                     retries: 5
> >                     backoff: 1)
> >  at
> /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm
> > line 450
> > SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.2 ifOutOctets.2
> > sysUptime sysName on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >  at ./mrtg line 1485
> > WARNING: Expected a number but got ''
> > WARNING: Expected a number but got ''
> >

> > here's my mrtg.cfg :

Target[routerfti.psi.uajy]:2:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html