Robert

At 14:57 22.12.2003 +0100, Robert & Sabine von Knobloch wrote:
>Hello LEAF World!
>
>My earlier mail was too hasty, another problem has emerged when using bash.
>Backup of any or all package (backup... c... L...)results in each package
>reporting a line number and "terminated     ticker".
>A reboot produces simply a kernel panic and everything is completely dead.
>Restoring my carefully saved ghost backup, removing ncurses and bash fixes
>this.
>Any ideas anyone?

Same ideas as before, obviously bash breaks things that are written with an ashen mind
:-)

Most backup scripts are located in /usr/sbin
They use /bin/sh. On my system /bin/sh links to ash. If you install bash this is
probably changet to bash.

gatekeeper: -root-
# ls -l /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            3 Nov 18 01:02 /bin/sh -> ash

Now you could change this by

rm /bin/sh
ln -s /bin/ash /bin/sh

You would have to make sure that the new installation of bash does _not_ overwrite
/bin/sh again, so happy hacking.

But then you can easily add a script to /etc/init.d which takes care of that.

BTW. Why exactly do you use bash?

>robert von Knobloch in the very snowy Black Forest

Altitude? How much snow?

cheers
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16