Craig

At 19:14 29.12.2003, Craig Caughlin wrote:
Thank you, Erich

I had looked at the link that you pointed me to (thank you, though.),
and that's what I found confusing. I "assume" :-) that you need to
complete both Steps 5.1 & 5.2. Right???

Right

On that assumption, I don't know if it's correct, but I made an entry in
the /etc/TZ that is: PST8PDT

looks OK to me. I believe the line has to be newline terminated. You can look at your current TZ value with

echo $TZ

compare what you find with the documented strings.

1.) In Section 5.2, I see reference to the TZ variable. Does the
variable already exist, or does it need to be created? Where do I create
it?

Normally /etc/TZ is read at system boot. You can set TZ manually for your terminal session or add it to your .profile file.
I would just set it, save etc.lrp and reboot.

cheers
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16