Am Dienstag, 6. Januar 2004 20:12 schrieb Hugues Belanger:
> Hi all,
>
> I see most people are not interested in helping me. I'm trying to add java
> support to Bering for a little demo we are doing and I'm having a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> of
> of time doing it. Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not linux expert...!
>
> I'm trying to add libpthread and libdl from a redhat 7.3 distro and I'm
> getting this error when calling /usr/local/j2re/bin/java :
>
> /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required by
> /lib/libpthread.so.0)

Hugues;
pls keep in mind that most people had holidays, others with less luck had to
work. It's no question of interest helping you, it's just a question of time.

The libraries you are asking for have to be uClibc-based libs; the one from
redhat won't work.

On the good side - libdl and libpthread are part of uClibc.

But I guess you have to recompile the java against uClibc (I do have the
impression you just copied a jvm from redhat...)

Best advice I can give you, is to read the developer guide:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/buc-devel.html

start building a java package from source:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/scsl/README.html

But this sounds not like a fun job - and therefor I'm shure none of the
Bering-uClibc team gives java a high ranking right now.

For a little demo and NOT for production I'd like to point you to the
so-called compat-libs (libc225.lrp -
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=91017&page_id=51)
- it may work or not.

kp