Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions!  I'll give a few of these a whirl
tonight, and report what I find.

Erich Titl wrote:
> I don't have neither pcmcia nor dhcp on my firewall anymore, the RCDLINKS
> approach looks sensible to me.

I'll try again, but that didn't work with regular LEAF/Bering.

Huy Bui wrote:
> Have you try the option:
> up svi dhcp restart (or up /etc/init.d/dhcpd restart) for eth2 in your net
> config
> I use this for my with Bering 1.2

Where, exactly, do I put this?

Gabriel Mueller wrote:
> The simlple solution:
> Iam not sure, if this work under uClib, but it should work under Bering
> 1.1: Just put the driver for the wlan-card to /boot/lib/modules and declare
> them in /boot/etc/modules (of course you must put/declare modules which are
> used by the wlan-modules here to).
> Now wlan-drivers are loaded very soon at boot before dhcpd ist starting.

So it's okay to put all the pcmcia drivers into there?  Will that cause
problems for the pcmcia.lrp (pcmcia_orinoco.lrp) package?