Well, I confess, I downloaded Freesco last night. I just can't seem to get LEAF up and running on my notebook. Dhcp client is working fine (get an IP from my ISP) but my home network can't get an IP from Dhcp server.

I originally downloaded Bering-uClib2.1 because it was current and still in development (with kernel 2.4). I had set up a Freesco box for a client three years ago and noticed then that support was lagging, hence I thought it would be a dead platform by now. I was very surprised last night to see the abundance of support, it was like exiting from a cemetary to turn around and see it again full of life, sparkling wine, bells, porn stars ... well, you get the picture.

So, is Freesco better than LEAF? What are the advantages of LEAF over Freesco?

Well, I'm not going to give up on LEAF just yet. I want to get LEAF running on my notebook, this has become my problem now, that of my stuborn pride. Hell, even if I have to wait until next month and hijack my LUG (and overhead), I want to resolve this. But, I will still wonder, which is better, LEAF of Freesco. Perhaps this is comparisson is trivial, like which vacation spot is better? All relative by degrees of conservation. Anyhow, back to my research.