I have a few questions regarding this...

Now, if I have this figured correctly, the bridge is transparent to your ISP, so you would need another host behind the bridge to have an address, correct? The use I have in mind would be statically assigned.

Also, I would expect the bridge still to work without having an IP assigned to the bridge (if the only reason to have the IP is for management) if you connect via serial cable for management, right?

Finally, the firewalling aspect of the bridge only works in the FORWARD chain, right? DNAT and SNAT and all that won't work correctly would it? All I want to do is have the bridge do some rough filtering for me, alot of the background noise such as SQL sweeps and backdoor checking. Perhaps an IDS such as Snort, but I don't know yet.

Thanks,

Tony