Am Donnerstag, 18. März 2004 12:47 schrieb Roberto Lublinerman:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have noticed the following anomaly about the daily log rotation. If I
> understand correctly, logs declared in the variable lrp_LOGS_DAILY in
> lrp.conf are to be rotated daily. Well, what I have found is that some days
> some logs get rotated while others don't.
>

> lrp_LOGS_DAILY="daemon.log debug cron.log messages syslog user.log \
>                 ppp.log pslave.log shorewall.log"
>
> I have had the router up for 3 days 19 hours, so there should have been
> three or four rotations, but this are the logs I have at this moment.
>
> cron.log:  (ps -A shows cron running)
> cron.log, cron.log.0, cron.log.1, cron.log.2.gz are EMPTY
> cron.log.3.gz contains events up too March 16 6:42 AM (last log entry is
> CMD (run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily))

Looking at my router I see everything os working fine.

How much space do you have available in /var/log?

> I am about to upgrade to the release version 2.1.0, and I was wondering if
> there is a way to upgrade and keep the current configuration other than
> finding out what files I have modified, save them manually, upgrade the
> packages, and restore the saved files (hoping configuration settings remain
> valid for all packages from one version to another).

First of all - given your problem with logrotation a clean setup may be a
better solution...

Anyway let's look at changelog what has changed, but be aware you'll get a
complete unsupported setup.

kernel
applied mremap patch (security fix)

-> just replace "linux" on your boot media

initrd
updated busybox to version 1.00-pre8

-> just replace it on your boot media

root
corrected some file permissions
updated root.help
changed edit so a desired editor emulation can be set in /etc/profile also
removed some old edit scripts

-> don't really needed, just done for cleanup

etc
corrected some file permissions
added a line in /etc/profile to set the desired editor emulation

-> you don't need that also

shorewall
updated to version 1.4.10c

dropbear
solved a small (cosmetic) bug in /etc/init.d/dropbear

-> if you don't need an update for shorewall you can go without it.

modules
corrected the modules repository url

-> a minor correction

ppp, pppoe
updated to ppp-2.4.2
patched for pppoa support (plugin available separately)

If you don't use ppp/pppoe forget about it.

The changes from rc2 has been small as you can see.

I agree some docs about upgrading should be added to the Guides.

Any volunteers?

kp