I'd like to move my Bering 1.2 to this little box.  Unfortunately as far
as I can get is:
periods.]
Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.

This cute little puppy has a Cyrix MII, and a SiS-5598 chipset.  Has
anybody run Bering & its kernel on an MII?  I was able to boot a Tom's
RootBoot diskette on it, so at least one Linux kernel does run.
Suggestions appreciated.  Maybe the Compaq diskette doesn't like 1680K
floppies?  I've sent an email query to Compaq, hoping they'll tell me how
to set the jumpers for running an Intel CPU (no silkscreen).  It has just
two slots, PCI, and I put a 3C900 NIC & a USR 3CP5610A modem in it.

Paul Rogers  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/
http://www.angelfire.com/or/paulrogers/
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)