>I'd like to move my Bering 1.2 to this little box.  Unfortunately as far
>as I can get is:
>periods.]
>Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.

One thing to try is take a 1.44MB floppy, run syslinux on it, and put a copy
of the kernel on there from the Bering disk.  Then boot with it - that
should tell you if its a floppy drive problem or if the kernel has a problem
with your Cyrix chip... It will crash with no packages but at least you can
see if you get past the boot failed message.  If you succeed, throw another
floppy drive in there or boot from CD as someone suggested.

- Bob Coffman