From: Peter Mueller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 1 May 2004 3:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [leaf-user] pptpd VPN Settings

> on a Win2000 machine.  If I telnet to my router on port 1723 from work

> it connects briefly which seems indicate neither my work network or my

> home ISP is blocking port 1723??  Does that sound right?  I have been
> told that my ISP doesn't block protocol 47 (GRE) but I'm not
> absolutely

Put this in your syslog, touch /var/log/debug, then restart syslog.

# PPTP debug logging
#*.debug;mail.none                                       /var/log/debug

Put "debug" in your /etc/pptpd.conf.  Put "debug" in
/etc/ppp/options.pptpd.
Restart pptpd.  Now try to connect and mail the logs back here.   You
might
want to try "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" as well.

Cheers,