All is well.  See some inline comments below.
The only other question comes to mind: who uses resolv.conf? Answer = dhcpd, I imagine.
RWT

-----Original Message-----
From: M Lu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 11:42 AM
To: Tibbs, Richard; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Why doesn't DNS resolution work through Bering 1.2?

- Since you use 192.168.10.254 (and not 192.1168.1.254 as default in Bering) you need
to config DNSCACHE to that IP.
> Yes, "I meant to do that" :-)
>  I wanted to learn everything about Bering, and new that a lot was defaulted.
>  So this is a pilrimage.

- DNSCACHE does not use the name servers in /etc/resolv.conf but uses list of DNSes
listed in its configuration. You can add your campus name servers there. Just use
lrcfg and you can see where to add them.

Just leave the 'nondns' parameters in pump and set your /etc/resolv.conf to
192.168.10.254.

>>> thanks.  It all works now.

M Lu.