I have a CD-ROM & f/d partial-backup setup happening. I was finding that no matter the changes made to a config file and saving it ('partially') to the floppy, when I rebooted I was met with the 'original' cd-rom-stored settings.

My relevant leaf.cfg lines:
PKGPATH="/dev/cdrom:iso9660,/dev/fd0u1440:msdos"
and
LRP="root config etc local modules iptables dhcpcd keyboard shor_wall ulogd dnsmasq dropbear weblet"

(i.e. no use of overriding :f, :F, etc). My understanding is that the :f parameter is the default action, meaning that the cd-rom-based package would get loaded and then the floppy-based one (if it existed); left to right reading of PKGPATH.

Here's an output from bootup with the LEAF.CFG settings as described:
=-=-=-=-
LINUXRC: Installing - root: /dev/fd0u1440 /dev/cdrom config: /dev/fd0u1440 etc: /dev/fd0u1440 local: /dev/fd0u1440 modules: /dev/fd0u1440 /dev/cdrom iptables: /dev/cdrom dhcpcd: /dev/cdrom keyboard: /dev/cdrom shor_wall: shor_wall(nf!) ulogd: /dev/cdrom dnsmasq: /dev/cdrom dropbear: /dev/fd0u1440 /dev/cdrom weblet: /dev/cdrom - Finished.
LINUXRC: Loaded Packages
=-=-=-=-

which AFAICT means that the packages are getting loaded off the floppy, then the cd-rom, e.g.:
root: /dev/fd0u1440 /dev/cdrom

I was able to work around this by merely reversing the order of the media on the PKGPATH line so no major hardship, but my observation seem to be in conflict with the documented (expected) behaviour.

Might someone else be able to confirm that this is not happening to 'just me'? Alternatively I could do more testing if someone would like to tell me a preferred setup - I have 2 f/d, a h/d and a cd-rom on my test box so I can make an efficient (quick reboots) testbed.

Thanks for LEAF!

scott; canada