Ben,

> I want to use LEAF as a simple router inside my internal
> networks.  I don't need any firewalling or NAT.

if you have Bering-uClibc 2.1:

-> delete all references to shorewall in syslinux.cfg

if you have Bering-uClibc 2.2:

-> delete all references to shorewall in leaf.cfg

In both cases you may want to delete shorwall.lrp to save space.

then you should have a system that comes up without any iptables
rules and things like that.

You now have to configure your interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces.

You may want to enable ip_forward in /etc/network/options in order
for the router to acually forward packets.

Don't forget to back up etc. ;)

Bye,

Frank