The easiest thing might be to ssh/telnet/serial-port-terminal into your existing box and 'clipboard-copy' off the relevant settings.

Note that the editor (at least as I have it set - 'e3' mode, IIRC) does auto-indenting so pasting things that are indented leads to staircase-shaped indentation.

Another choice is to use WinSCP (v3.6.8, current as of 04/08/25: http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/winscp/winscp368setup.exe) to copy off the config files in question, then upon the new setup (you'll have to setup enough of a base system to be able to ssh/SCP back in), copy the config files back over. Note that you'll lose any updated doc'n/version-identifiers that would have appeared in the newer config files, by replacing them wholesale with your older ones.

Also, you can fully 'unzip' the .LRP files by renaming them to be whatever.TGZ, and then winzip is able to handle them as the tar/gzip files that they are, and then you could do the editing/copy&paste fully on your windows box and then presumably re-zip (actually re-tar + gzip) them up with WinZip - this last step I've never done so I can't say for sure that WinZip will co-operate.

Remember that most Win/DOS editors end lines with <CR><LF>, instead of *nix's <LF>-only. I recommend DOS2Unix (which converts <CF><LF> into <LF>:
http://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/micro/pc/simtelnet/msdos/txtutl/dos2unix.zip
and if you need to do the reverse (to make things more usable on your Win box, pre editing, the above-mentioned zip file also contains Unix2DOS.exe).

From an encouraging and sympathetic, fellow Windoze-prisoner...

scott; canada

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am running Bering uClibc 2.1.3 and am going to upgrade to 2.2.
Since I am happy with most of my settings in my current 2.1.3 I wanted to copy and
paste a lot of my settings from the old to the new.  I only have windows OS machines
so I was hoping there might be some text editor that runs in windows xp to copy text
from my .lrp files and paste them to the new release.
If not, then I will write all my settings down by hand and then retype it in the new
release. ..... What a beating!!!

Thanks,
Andrew

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: YOU BE THE JUDGE. Be one of 170 Project Admins to receive an Apple iPod Mini FREE for your judgement on who ports your project to Linux PPC the best. Sponsored by IBM. Deadline: Sept. 24. Go here: http://sf.net/ppc_contest.php ------------------------------------------------------------------------ leaf-user mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/leaf-user SR FAQ: http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html