Erich Titl wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> Networks 83.0.0.0 and 84.0.0.0 have been assigned to RIPE last year. In my version
> (1.4.8) of shorewall these networks are still blocked by the rfc1918 rules. It it
> probably worthwhile to remove these two networks from /etc/shorewall/rfc1918 if they
> should still be there.

Erich,

Shorewall 2.0.1 and later uses a file called bogons that lists the IP
ranges reserved by the IANA while the rfc1918 file will only apply to
those three ranges that are reserved by RFC1918 so any up-to-date
modifications that apply to IANA range listings will be found in the
bogons file.

http://shorewall.net/pub/shorewall/errata/2.0.8/bogons
http://www.completewhois.com/bogons/

Regards,