> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> If possible, I'm more open than ever to any suggestion.
>
> You mentioned the DSL modem has a 4-port switch on it.  Are you using the
> same port for testing all machines (ie: 'doze box, firewall, and laptop)?
>
> You problem still smells like bad infrastructure (ie: cable or port), so
> I'd
> start by trying to isolate the DSL modem as the problem.
>
> If you get the same results on all ports (ie: windows works wherever you
> plug it in, and linux/Mac fail on all ports), see if you can get
> tomorrow's
> stock prices through the space-time wormhole surrounding your office, so
> at
> least we can all make some money day-trading. :-)
>
> --
> Charles Steinkuehler
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm on hold with the ISP tech support right now. I'm trying to get them to
explain the following:

I tried another set of ping tests from the LEAF router (the replacement
from Seattle). This time, I disconnected the DSL line from the FP2200. The
first set of 40 packets lost 5%, the second lost 10%. I waited about a
minute before sending a third set of 40 packets, and the loss rate went up
to 27%. A fourth set sent soon after lost 30%. I reconnected the DSL line
and sent another set of 40 packets. 50% loss. Subsequent tests indicated
that the connection continued to degrade until it topped out at about 85%
loss.