From: Bruce McNamara [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 12:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Troy Aden
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] beep.lrp question

I use Beep for indicating the interfaces are up etc..

/bin/beep -f 600 -n -f 900 -n -f1200 -n -f1800 -f 600 -n -f 900 -n -f1200 -
n -f1800 -f 600 -n -f 900 -n -f1200 -n -f1800

I found an article Simple Sounds for Linux
By Jay Link ( do a google an yee shal find...)

which I used as a rough guide

it said:

Usage is simple. Both programs take two arguments: the tonal frequency in
Hertz, and the duration in milliseconds. So, let's say you compiled
beep.c.direct into "beep". Here's all you'd need to do:

   beep 440 200

This will play a 440 Hz tone for 200 milliseconds, or a fifth of a second.

To play multiple notes, it's often necessary to insert a "rest" between
them, like so:

   beep 440 200
   beep 0 200
   beep 700 200

Note that the "spacer" note, or rest, plays at zero Hertz (i.e., it
doesn't play at all), but it continues for the same duration as the other
notes.

Using the beep program, it's easy to play simple melodies. Here are the
frequencies for some basic notes:

      262   C - "middle C"
      277   C#
      294   D
      311   D#
      330   E
      349   F
      370   F#
      392   G
      415   G#
      440   A
      466   A#
      494   B

To find the frequencies of subsequent notes, simply multiply the highest
note you know by 1.0595, and then round up or down as appropriate. For
example, 494 * 1.0595 = 523.393, or 523 Hz, which should be the "C" note
that's one octave above middle C.

> Subject: [leaf-user] beep.lrp question
>
> Hello there. I have made a simple sh script to run beep for Bering Uclibc
> 2.2.2. I want the system to run the script to tell me when it is done
> booting. Can anyone please tell me where I need to go to do this? The
> how-to for beep.lrp is not very helpful in this regard?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Troy

Bruce McNamara - Managing Director
Professional System Integrators Ltd
P.O. Box 9767, Auckland, New Zealand
PH: +64 (021) 922 088  Fax: +64 (09) 629 0927
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]