I a while ago spent major time trying to get EZ-IPUPD to work and in the
end gave up and wrote my own scripts to do it.

The latest versions are sitting at here www.help.co.nz/leaf/check_ip.zip

I use it as follows:

Every 10 minutes /etc/init.d/multicron runs the main script
/usr/sbin/check_ip
this script checks to see it the IP of the domainname it finds in
/etc/dyndns.conf has changed and if it has then does a ping to that dyndns
name and double checks BEFORE updating dydns with the new IP ( had to to
the ping check as I too was getting abuse status ).

Now I dont claim to be any expert in writing scripts but this works and
works well on quite a few bering installed firewalls.

I'm always open for input...

Bruce