> I'd appreciate a recommendation from the list on which 4-port
> NICs work best with the Bering uClibc distro?
>
> Any known problems using them with single-port NICs on the
> same machine?

The situation is the same as with a normal distro.  uClibc uses modules;
therefore, you can insert commands just like with a regular distro.  Stay
away from Tulip based 4-port cards.  I have used Intel cards to good effect,
especially with newer machines.  Older servers sometimes have IRQ issues.

On 4 servers here we are using 2 dual 64bit 66mhz+ Intel gigabit adapters to
good effect.  It is important to get 64bit 66mhz+ cards if you want to push a
lot of bandwidth.

Regards,