Hello Calvin,

>QEMU seems well suited for software development, but for my uses I think
>UML or Xen is the way to go. I'm leaning toward UML for now since it
>supposedly requires no modification to the guest OS. I don't want to
>have to recompile the LEAF distro to get started.

I'm not sure about this, it's a very long time ago since I use UML but from
what I remember you need to create an UML patched kernel for the guest OS. If
this is true it would mean that you do have to recompile the LEAF distro with
UML.

With QEMU it's much easier, like Arne explained, you can just use the standard
images. No changes needed on both the host and guest OS.

Eric