Calvin Webster wrote:

> Second, the IPSEC documentation on the Shorewall site all refers to
> FreeSwan which does not match the contents of ipsec.lrp.

The proliferation of Swan species has been an absurd spectacle to
observe to be sure but from the point of view of Shorewall, there are
only two kinds of IPSEC:

A) Kernel 2.4 using *Swan.
B) Kernel 2.6 using any configuration manager/IKE daemon combination.
This includes 2.4 systems running the backported 2.6 Native IPSEC code.

Given that Bering* only runs on the 2.4 kernel and to my knowledge does
not include the backport of the Kernel 2.6 Native IPSEC code, you want
the Kernel 2.4 docs (http://shorewall.net/IPSEC.htm) regardless of what
 color your Swans are.

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net