From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 08:37:32 +0000
Subject: [leaf-user] PATH setting permanently

Hello all

I'm trying to add a permanent PATH to LEAF/BERING Shorewall

I tried to write this:

PATH=${PATH}:/opt/mplayer-sound/bin/
export PATH
into several .conf files including

/etc/profile
/etc/crontab
/etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf
/etc/shorewall/start

but nothing changes whatsoever

echo $PATH     gives:

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin

Typing as root:

PATH=${PATH}:/opt/mplayer-sound/bin/

I get:

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/opt/mplayer-sound/bin/

which is ok.

Please, how can I set it permanently ?

Thanks Roberto

uname -a --->  2.4.18-guylhem #6 Thu Dec 19 01 51 48 CET 2002 i586 unknown

Cerchi un laboratorio fotografico aperto 24 ore su 24?
Stampa le tue foto digitali su Kataweb e le ricevi a domicilio in 48 ore.
http://www.kataweb.it/foto