On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 19:04 +0200, Jaime Nebrera wrote:
>   Hi all,

Hi Jaime!

>   So, some questions:
>
>   1) Is this related to running as a bridge? Would this problem
> disappear if we used a pseudo bridge (proxy ARP)?

I don't know, but i would assume that you should ask this question on
the kernel bridge list (You find it under
http://bridge.sourceforge.net/), the people on this List have deep
knowledge on the linux networking/driver subsystems.

>   2) Can such a beast sustain 8 ethernet as a single bridge? Bear in
> mind they dont have gigabit traffic, they just use gigabit ethernets :)
> Whats the limit for a linux bridge?

see above... But i doubt you can run this under full speed on all
interfaces (or better the pci-express ones)...

>   3) As this traffic is only needed on both routers but doesnt need to
> pass trough the firewall, will dropping it on eth0 solve the problem?
> (That way there is no way the packets enter into other ethernet ports)
> What would happen with other multicast based apps? Would they need to be
> dropped too?

Another good question for the bridge list ;-)

>   Very thankful in advance. Regards.

--arne

--
Arne Bernin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>