From: Erich Titl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 1:11 PM
To: Tibbs, Richard
Cc: LEAF Users
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Logging route table actions

Tibbs, Richard wrote:
> Yes, the external iface was changed to a 190.x.x.x address (there is
not
> a norfc1918 on any iface in Shorewall... Turns out that is an
unassigned
> block.) with the lab gw routr as gateway.
> Both IP addresses on the lab fw are static, and a single machine on
> internal net has static IP as well.  I believe NAT is enabled on the
lab
> fw, so internal hosts will NAT/PAT/Masquerade to the firewall external
> IP.
>
> The lab gw also NATs... would this be a problem?

No

> Shorewall logs show nothing dropped.
> Yes, I think next step will be tcpdump on bering unless anyone has
> another idea.

The fact that icmp echo requests go to the Cisco makes me think that
Bering is at least routingwise OK.

- can you access the Bering Box from the internal net
Yes--R.

- can you access the Cisco uplink
Yes, I can ping both interfaces of the cisco lab gw. Just not
beyond.--R.

- do you have the cisco as default gateway
Yes, on bering external IF.--R.

cheers

Erich