On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 10:30 -0700, Richard Amerman wrote:
Hi Richard !

> It runs great with no issues other then the new VPN issue.
>
> We have been connecting from PC's inside the firewall to a remote
> location running Juniper networks NetScreen and until this week have had
> no problems.
>

> The problem is intermittent and can not be consistently reproduced, but
> what is consistent is the lack of an issue when connecting from out side
> the firewall or if you either reboot the firewall or do a "shorewall
> clear" to flush things out.

I do not really understand what your Problem is. Maybe you could explain
it a bit more... You have Problems after reboot or you fix the problems
with a reboot ?
You are using standard IPSEC for this connection (no nat-t) ? What
exactly is going wrong ?
Are you using masquerading ?

> We have spent days trying to figure out the issue and it does indeed
> look like it is the firewall though we have no clear understanding of
> the exact problem, or more importantly, the fix.

--arne

--
Arne Bernin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://www.ucBering.de