leaf-user-request
@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent by: leaf-user-admin
10/16/2005 11:25 PM
Please respond to leaf-user

        To:     leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
        cc:
        Subject:        leaf-user digest, Vol 1 #2798 - 2 msgs

Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 09:45:17 -0500
From: Ron Senykoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Leaf-User (E-mail)" <leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [leaf-user] LEAF on WRAP won't boot - help please

Hello all,

When I fire up the wrap board, it gets to the "Boot from network,
disk, or quit" screen and when I hit enter for it to continue,
nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Here's how I built it:

I have gone through all the directions related to booting from IDE and
WRAP that I can find. I got console working on a floppy in a regular
box, along with copying over the initrd with ide support. Once all
that was working, I booted the WRAP board using PXE. The network
booting works fine at the console. Once in I fdisk the CF card, create
a new DOS partition table, new primary partition for the whole disk,
set the partition type to FAT (6) and write out. Then mkfs.msdos
/dev/hda1. Then syslinux -s /dev/hda1. Then I write the mbr over Then
I mount both hda1 and a smbmount share where I copy all the contents
(except ldlinux.sys) over from that wonderful floppy. I then modify
leaf.cfg and syslinux.cfg to point to /dev/hda1.

I just tried doing the whole thing by formatting it from a windows box
using the instructions that come with syslinux. No luck there either.

PC Engines WRAP.1C/1D/1E v1.08
640 KB Base Memory
130048 KB Extended Memory

01F0 Master 848A LEXAR ATA FLASH
Phys C/H/S 984/4/32 Log C/H/S 984/4/32
ROM segment 0xe000 length 0x8000 reloc 0x00020000
Etherboot 5.3.12 (GPL) http://etherboot.org
Drivers: NATSEMI   Images: NBI PXE   Exports: PXE
Relocating _text from: [00089370,0009b230) to [07eee140,07f00000)
Boot from (N)etwork (D)isk or (Q)uit?

This is where it hangs.

Any help is really appreciated.

-Ron