I think I might know what's rankling you here, since I think that I just finally figured it out myself.

It would seem that any IP addresses that want to access the P9100 service need to be granted permission via:
   /etc/hosts.allow
?!?!?!?!

Anyway, togging my IP address in that file enables/disables p9100 printing for me.

To the package maintainer:
- is it possible to remove the dependency on /etc/hosts.allow since it would seem to be redundant with shorewall rules? - Alternatively, might the doc'n/helpfile (/var/lib/lrpkg/p9100.help) be updated to indicate this, um, feature? :) - Alternatively, maybe have a menu option to edit /etc/hosts.allow by way of the lrpkg front-end for p9100d?

(I strongly propose the first since, I wager, few people check the helpfile [due to not realizing that it's there, like I did a while back for a different package] and the /etc/hosts.allow serves other purposes - telnet permission comes to mind).

(FWIW I'm using
   "p910nd Version 0.6"
and it's always been good to me.)

Thanks to one and all for their work on LEAF!

scott; canada

C.Dummy wrote:
Hello. I installed p9100 package lp parport and parport_pc modules. They load at boot no problem. I have put line in rules in shorewall

ACCEPT    loc    fw    tcp    9100:9102

i edited root.dev.mk and root.dev.mod files and backed up root. I can print from 192.168.1.254 using command echo "test print" >/dev/lp0. So Bering box is working. I can't print from windows machines. I installed printer on tcp/ip port 192.168.1.254 on port 9100 RAW. Can't print. I'm using bering uClibc 2.3.1. Year ago I configured v 2.1.1 no problems. What am I missing? Is there any rule that supersede: ACCEPT loc fw tcp 9100:9102. I thought maybe SP2 and firewall but I just switch from cable to DSL and at the same time from 2.1.1
to 2.3.1. 2.1.1 was working under sp2 in winxp.
Thanks for halp
Andrey